Friday, May 06, 2005

Max: A Memorial Digression

Sorry, non-Bengal content. But that PsychoKitty posting below has gotten me thinking about my cat Max, who died in December of 2003 after I'd had him for a good sixteen years. He was a great cat and he got me through some tough times and I miss him.

I don't have too many pictures of Max for some reason, but here he is curled up on my leg while I'm probably trying to read. That was a favorite of his.



It's an old shot. He lost an eye to pretty severe glaucoma later in life, and picked up the nickname Max, the one-eyed pirate cat. His favorite way of waking me up was to leap onto some shelves I had near my bed in the old apartment and just knock some random piece of junk off onto the floor. If that didn't work, he'd repeat as necessary every minute or so until I was sufficiently awake to yell at him. Of course that didn't bother him in the slightest.

All in all, he was a great cat. Okay, back to Bengal stuff. Thanks for your indulgence.

2 Comments:

At May 6, 2005 at 3:16 PM, Blogger Bird On A Line said...

What a beauty! :)

 
At May 7, 2005 at 12:47 PM, Blogger Thumper said...

What a beautiful kitty. Your Max sounds a lot like the PsychoKitty...he howls and knocks things around until someone gets up to feed him; then he howls and complains about how it wasn't fast enough ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home