Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Bengal Cat, Bengal Dog?

No, she's definitely a cat, but Leela continues to do things that I associate more with dogs. One thing I've been meaning to mention for a while is the way she meets us when we come home. Well, not me so much. I usually walk in the front door, so I can show up unpredictably and I don't give her any advance warning.

But Elisa usually uses the car, and when Leela hears the garage door open, she springs into action. Our garage is under the house, so we come in through a basement door, turn left and go upstairs to the main level. And Leela is almost invariably sitting on the stair landing when we do, all the way over against the wall so she can see into the garage as we come in. She sits all perked up, looking for all the world the way a dog would look if it weighed maybe nine pounds and looked like a Bengal.

We came back from dinner out tonight and she met us on the bottom stair - an interesting variation. I'm not sure if that means she's working her way up to an attempt to get into the garage, or if she was just especially excited to see us tonight and overshot her usual waiting spot. But it's very cute nonetheless.

2 Comments:

At April 7, 2005 at 5:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our cat comes for walks with us. You stick the lead on the dog and the cat legs it for the front wall, then follows down the road. Usually she'll then encounter some random dog and head for home.

 
At April 8, 2005 at 3:46 PM, Blogger Bird On A Line said...

My cat thinks she's a dog too. For one thing, she likes to be in the same room with someone all the time (so much for the cats=indepent notion). She also ALWAYS greets me at the door AND plays fetch! Gotta love her!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home